Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Year!

We had a very low key New Year's Eve this year. We were home as a family.  Watched a movie and woke up on the couch just in time to see the count down on TV:)  I think next year I will make more of a plan, seeing everyone's FB post and pictures really made me feel like I missed out!  But being pregnant, it probably wouldn't have been as much fun going out anyways.  It was a good year to be home I guess. 

Looking back from this point, I realized we've had so much going on in life.  In 2010 we got engaged, 2011 we got married & bought a house, 2012 we had Easton, and 2013 we didn't have a real big life changing event!  Gave us some time to breathe and enjoy all that we had. It was filled with some great vacations, family weddings, and many memories watching Easton go from tummy time, sitting, crawling, walking & running!  2014 we already know will be life changing as we'll go from a family of 3 to 4 :)

Now that we know we are having a baby boy, I've started preparing.   We've ordered a 2nd crib & mattress, picked out paint, and ordered some bedding.  I went to Kid's Town where we purchased everything the first time around and looked at double strollers.  My first question was "do you take trade-in's on single strollers"?  That will come, but we've got some time.  Easton will actually be moving into the bigger bedroom upstairs, and we'll put baby in the nursery.  With a couple additions and changes, it will be perfect.  I wasn't ready to move Easton to a toddler bed just yet, with all the changes coming his way, that wasn't one I wanted to make.  He sleeps so well, and loves his bed.  But I really think he'll like having a room that's bigger, and has more space for his toys.  I'm planning on making a corner of the room a reading area.  He loves books, so I've got some ideas of Pinterest, hope it turns out! The plan is to transition his room around the April 1st.  I have to cut the bottle out around March 1st, so we've got some big plans in the works for Easton :) The best news I've heard recently, is some little boys are potty trained or well on their way around age 2!!!! I didn't think about that happening anytime in the near future, I had accepted the fact I was going to have two kids in diapers for awhile.  But this summer we'll start the talk about potty training, and see how it goes.  I know you can't force them, they have to want to do it. 

Here are some recent pictures of Easton, he's definitely pushing his limits! You can see here he found a new use for the footstool :) 

He likes to watch TV, I probably need to start rationing how much he gets to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment