Wondering what that is? Well let me tell you it's very painful! I've had wrist pain forever, during pregnancy and after. I tried wearing a splint, icing, etc. We thought it would go away after Easton was born, because the swelling would be gone, but it's progressively gotten worse. Early one morning, I picked up Easton and felt intense pain in my wrist area almost bringing me to tears. The pain didn't last long and I realized it was only when I had my hand or wrist in a certain position. But the pain kept getting worse and more frequent. So yesterday I decided to go in. I thought there has to be a reason and a cure!! Sure enough, I was diagnosed with "de Quervain's tenosynovitis" which the medical definition is: a condition in which the tendons from the thumb to the wrist become inflamed and rub against the "tunnel" that encloses them, causing sensations from mild discomfort to severe pain on the thumb side of the wrist.Though anyone can develop de Quervain's, it's most common in new mothers and usually stems from stress on the wrist resulting from lifting a baby frequently.
The doctor gave me a cortisone shot (steroid) in my wrist. I was worried because yesterday afternoon and last night I was in a lot of pain. But this morning is better. It's still not gone, but better than yesterday! He said it could take 48 hours, but if it wasn't better by Christmas to call him, and I'd have to go see an orthopedic specialist in Sioux Falls. Praying for relief and recovery!
No comments:
Post a Comment